Gary Fielder PGDip BSc (Hons) MBACP
Click to view my entry on the Counselling Directory
Values and approach
My practice is based on mutual respect, acceptance, trust, genuineness, empathic understanding and compassion. Working together in this joint undertaking to uncover your hidden healing resources through talking with me, my being with you, on your side, seeking clarity and shared understanding of your life and how you got here.
If I believe I have some knowledge or view that may be useful to you, I will offer it, as well as my understanding of the problems people face in life. I will not leave you floundering, trying to discover something I have an understanding of.
My approach has an Integrative foundation but other views also inform my practice including Person-Centred Counselling, Existential Psychotherapy and Mindfulness.
In addition to my private practice, I have worked at Thames Hospice in Windsor providing bereavement and end of life counselling (11 years) and at Royal Holloway University in Egham providing student counselling (3 years). I provide external counselling support to the employees of a local college and services to private healthcare providers. My previous employment background is as a senior manager with British Telecom. I have also been a professional photographer and am currently also a mindfulness teacher.
As a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) I adhere to their Ethical Framework and Code of Conduct with a high level of professionalism.
I offer UK wide counselling and coaching via Zoom/Facetime teleconferencing and via telephone.
I am also a founder member of the BACP Coaching Division.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (BACP accredited), at Thames Valley University (part of an MA programme)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling at East Berks College / Bucks & Chilterns University College
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Computing at the Open University
- Business Coaching training at BT
- Bereavement and grief counselling
- Solution focused counselling
- The creative self
- Child bereavement
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Risk assessment
- Group facilitation
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Guilt and shame
- Counselling since 2004 and as a BACP qualified practitioner since 2010
- Life coaching and business coaching since 2006
- Volunteer bereavement counsellor at Thames Hospice, Windsor 2004-2015
- Volunteer student counsellor at Royal Holloway University of London, Egham 2009-2014
- Corporate experience – ex-senior manager with British Telecom
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) supplier in the education sector since 2015
Gary Fielder may be contacted on 07505 402524 (voice or text) and via email on firstname.lastname@example.org