Gary Fielder PGDip BSc (Hons) MBACP
Values and approach
My approach to both counselling and life coaching, has a Person-Centred and Humanistic foundation but is also integrative in that other approaches and philosophies inform my practice. For example, the existential approach helps us face some of the raw givens of our lives and how we might live more authentically. Meditation and mindfulness can help us foster greater self-awareness and the potential to respond differently to what we discover about ourselves.
My practice is based on respect, acceptance, trust, genuineness, empathic understanding and a belief in the resources within the client. That the client has the capacity to solve their own problems but those solutions may be somewhat hidden from them. That my interventions can shed light and help the client discover those hidden resources and hence their own solutions to their problems.
As a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) I adhere to their Ethical Framework and Code of Conduct with a high level of professionalism.
I am also a founder member of the BACP Coaching Division.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (BACP accredited), at Thames Valley University (part of an MA programme)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling at East Berks College / Bucks & Chilterns University College
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Computing at the Open University
- Business Coaching training at BT
- Bereavement and grief counselling
- Solution focused counselling
- The creative self
- Child bereavement
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Risk assessment
- Group facilitation
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Guilt and shame
- Counselling since 2004 and as a BACP qualified practitioner since 2010
- Life coaching and business coaching since 2006
- Volunteer bereavement counsellor at Thames Hospice, Windsor 2004-2015
- Volunteer student counsellor at Royal Holloway University of London, Egham 2009-2014
- Corporate experience – ex-senior manager with British Telecom
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) supplier in the education sector since 2015
Gary Fielder may be contacted on 07505 402524 (voice or text) and via email on firstname.lastname@example.org